chocolate apricot oatmeal cookies.

And now for the real, non-hair-related, midweek post.
So, Friday.  It was super sunny all day and amazing.  Until I decided to go home,at which point it the weather decided that a torrential down pour would be way more fun.  The only thing that made me somewhat okay with this was that I could bake when I got home without the house overheating.  I decided that I really wanted oatmeal cookies, I don't know why, but I haven't had them in forever and I wanted them.  But I didn't want raisins, so I switched them for apricots and it was the best decision ever.  They're still chewy and moist and the apricots go really well with oatmeal and dark chocolate.  Make these!

chocolate apricot oatmeal cookies.
1/3 C. brown sugar.
1/3 C. white sugar.
1/2 C. butter.
1 egg.
1 tsp. vanilla.
1 tbsp. milk.
1 C. flour.
1/2 tsp. baking soda.
1/2 tsp. baking powder.
1 C. rolled oats.
3/4 C. chocolate chips.
1/2 C. dried apricots, chopped.

Cream butter and sugars. In a separate bowl mix egg, vanilla and milk and add to butter mixture.  Sift dry ingredients together and add to above mixture.  Beat until smooth and then add rolled oats, apricots and chocolate chips.  Mix and then drop spoonfuls (approximately 1 1/2" balls) onto a cookie sheet, flatten and bake for 10 minutes at 325 degrees until golden brown.  Makes 2 dozen.
Have a lovely day! xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment